What Our Guests Say about Pacific Tugboat Adventures
Thanks for continuing a great tradition
I wanted to write you about our past trip. This trip was great. We had a combination of “perfect” conditions. The new captain, Arron, was a delight. He seemed very competent and self-assured. He worked very hard and got along well with the rest of the crew, but was obviously in charge. His concern for safety and the comforts of the passengers and crew was perfect. What a surprise to have prawns, crabs, and clams on board when we arrived, a perfect way to start. The hostess and chef were a delight. The food was out of sight and Carly and Greg were hospitable and professional. The service could not have been better. Both guides were talented and had a love for fishing. Both Jerry and Doug were very helpful, especially with the new couple. They had a great time. The fishing and scenery along with the whale shows made it special. Special thanks for the boat for helping Tom and Jo in their need to bail out early. Thankfully the grandson seems to be recovering from his open heart surgery at this time. Carly and the rest stepped up to the plate to make emergency arrangements that worked perfectly. Thanks for continuing a great tradition. As you know we have been coming every other year for 20+ years. Everyone on board is ready to head back. We would like to do the trip from Prince Rupert to Bella Bella again if it is available either this year or the next.
The fishing was fantastic and the service and ambiance of the Parry are next to none
I wanted to thank you for such a wonderful trip last week. Our group had an amazing time. The fishing was fantastic and the service and ambiance of the Parry are next to none. But at the heart of it all is the crew you have working that ship. What an amazing group of people. They blew me away with their attention to detail, great attitudes, welcoming nature and all in first class attitudes. Such a wonderful group. A few thoughts on each:
– Blackfish: Captain – A true pro. He was so personable and welcoming and I noticed that he was always the first one to jump in when one of the crew needed an extra hand. He seemed like such a hard worker and I felt like we were in great hands the entire time. Whatever glitches may have happened, went unnoticed by all of us guest. Just an all-around great guy and pro.
– Silver-lining: Hostess – What a gem. Carly’s personality is perfect for her role the ship. She was so thoughtful and without fail if I was thinking of something I may have wanted, she would beat me to it and ask me before I even said anything. She has a gift. Keep her around.
– Dogfish: Chef – His food was unreal. I love good food and his food was some of the best I have ever had. He showed me around the kitchen and I saw he tools and oven he was working with and was amazed he could produce the food that he did. Above all of that, he was so kind and easy going. So many great chefs can be a touch on the ego centric side about their food and manner in which you have to eat it and he was nothing like that. So calm and understated. It really made the dining a great experience.
– Flipper: Guide – Love this guy. He is one of the hardest working people I have met. He was always the first one up and the last one to bed moving a mile a minute to make sure all the hard work got done and he always did it with a smile and a great story or joke. And then, to boot, he was so fun on the water and really helped us catch fish. He is one of a kind and I think has a knack for this kind of work. Great find and great member of the crew.
– Bear: Guide- I think Carly said it best when I met him the first day – tough outside, but a teddy bear on the inside. She couldn’t have pegged it better. He is one of a kind. I laughed so hard with him and really enjoyed being around him. At one point he had my Dad laughing so hard I thought he was going to have a heart attack – it was priceless – I haven’t seen him laugh that hard, ever – and it just kept going. He is also a great on the water and helped teach me the tricks of the trade. Great member of the team.
Thank you again for a wonderful experience. Although my current life demands probably won’t permit me to make this an annual trip, I assure you I will be back soon.
All the best,