Things to Know
For our guests we provide:
- All weather floater jackets
- Rain gear, boots, hats
- Hair dryers, soaps and shampoos
- Fluffy bath towels and robes
- Extra pillows, socks, water bottles, sunscreen
Dress is casual on board the vessel. The normal daily temperatures range from 65°F to 75°F, evening 55°F to 65°F, so “layering” your clothing is ideal for our coastal climate.
- T-shirts and jeans, shorts optional
- Long sleeved shirt, sweater or fleece jacket
- Deck shoes or runners and warm socks
- Personal toiletries, sunglasses
- Camera or video
We will send you Westwind luggage tags. Please attach one tag to the handle of each piece of luggage you are bringing. Due to airline regulations, please limit your baggage to 35 lbs. Soft-sided luggage (duffel bag) is preferred.
On Board Amenities:
Comfort is a tradition at Westwind. To ensure our guests feel right at home on board the vessel we provide:
- An extensive library of local, cultural and marine reference reading
- DVD movies and extensive music collection
- Complimentary beer and wine
- Ship to shore radio communication
We supply everything for the saltwater angler including a valid fishing license. Our state of the art fishing skiffs are 18 foot welded catamarans, equipped with whisper quiet Honda 4 stroke outboards, radios and fish finders. Our skiffs are designed to comfortably accommodate 2 or 3 anglers safely.
- All fishing tackle, bait and lures, including crab traps
- Light and medium duty salmon fishing rods and reels
- Light and medium spin casting rods and reels and lures suitable for salt and fresh water
- A complete inventory of halibut and bottom fishing rods and tackle
- Professional fishing guides for on-water supervision, local knowledge and personal instruction.
Guests arriving from outside Canada must have proper ID to clear Canada Customs. Current regulations state that you must have a passport to re-enter U.S.A. If you have been convicted of a D.U.I. in the past, you can be refused entry. Contact us ahead of time to clarify this situation.
Gratuities ( TIP): Your professional crew is passionate, focused on personal service and committed to making this your best vacation ever. Guests that choose to show their appreciation through a gratuity may want to consider preparing for this before arrival. Personal checks or cash direct to the crew members in preferred.
Guests will be issued fishing licenses and provided with an informative fishing seminar which will include the most productive fishing methods, tackle tips and an orientation about the operation of our fishing skiffs. Guests are able to choose between running their own skiff or being accommodated in the guided boat for private instruction.
Caring for your Catch:
Your catch is expertly cleaned, frozen and packaged for shipment home in airline approved containers at no extra charge. For guests selecting custom processing, canning or smoking, we provide samples and complete all details, paperwork, and payment for the cannery on board. We arrange shipment of your catch to the cannery where it will be processed and delivered to your door approximately 10 to 12 weeks later.
One of the main highlights of your Westwind trip will be the sensational food creations from our talented chef. We use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients available so that your trip will be a culinary delight as well as a scenic adventure. Included on our menu is a varied selection of fine wines from around the World along with fresh baked desserts and homemade breads. Tantalizing appetizers are prepared daily after fishing and light snacks, coffee and soft drinks are available at any time. We happily acknowledge that you are likely to gain a few pounds on your trip and recommend that you start your diet later.